EMU’s First-year Writing Program invites you to join us in Ypsilanti on Friday, March 23, for the 2018 Winter Colloquium. Dr. Melanie Yergeau will present at 10:30 a.m., “Black Mirror Meets the Classroom: Neurodiversity and Social Robots.” After lunch, at 1 p.m., she will lead a writing pedagogy workshop, “Disability, Access, and Multimodal Pedagogies.” For more information, contact Derek Mueller, Dir. of the First-year Writing Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Rachel Gramer, Associate Dir. of the First-year Writing Program, at email@example.com.
The December 2017 TRIO Newsletter included an item on that program’s participants in the 33rd semiannual Celebration of Student Writing at Eastern Michigan University, which was held Thursday, November 30, in the Student Center Ballroom. Learn more about EMU’s TRIO program at http://www.emich.edu/triosss/. Additional information about the program’s purposes is available on the U.S. Department of Education website.
The EMU First-Year Writing Program has delivered the following titles to Halle Library as part of its resources initiative. Titles will be available for check-out later this summer.
- Race and Writing Assessment (Studies in Composition and Rhetoric) , edited by Mya Poe and Asao B. Inoue
- Transnational Writing Program Administration by David Martins
- Survivance, Sovereignty, and Story: Teaching American Indian Rhetorics, edited by Rose Gubele and Lisa King
- On Multimodality: New Media in Composition Studies (CCCC Studies in Writing & Rhetoric) by Jonathan Alexander and Jacqueline Rhodes
- From Form to Meaning: Freshman Composition and the Long Sixties, 1957-1974 by David Fleming
- A New Writing Classroom by Patrick Sullivan
- The Framework for Success in Postsecondary Writing: Scholarship and Applications, edited by Nicholas N. Behm, Sherry Rankins-Robertson, and Duane Roen
- Labored: The State(ment) and Future of Work in Composition, edited by Randall McClure, Dayna V. Goldstein, and Michael A. Pemberton
- A Critical Look at Institutional Mission: A Guide for Writing Program Administrators, edited by Joseph Janangelo
To make additional requests, please complete the Book/Material Purchase Request Form.
Visit the CSW Flickr page for photographs from the 30th semiannual Celebration of Student Writing at EMU, which was held in the Student Center Ballroom on Thursday, April 14, 2016. Thanks to part-time lecturer Jack Visnaw for taking and sharing the photos.